With Eid Ul Adha gone and meat around and about you, it’s the time of the year to indulge in meaty dishes.
Eid-Ul-Adha and post Eid-Ul-Adha period is surrounded by traditional as well as not-so-tranditional meat recipes including the mouth-watering nihari, daleem, paye, beef and mutton botis and what-nots.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe for you to try out.
- Beef Boti = (1/2 kg – cut into pieces of about 1 1/2″)
- Ginger Garlic paste = 1 tbsp
- Salt = 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder = 1 tbsp
- Kuti Hui Lal Mirch = 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder = 1 1/2 tbsp
- Grape vinegar = 2 tbsp
- Marinate the beef boti’s with all the spices listed above. I marinated for about 8 hrs. Minimum marination time is 2 hrs.
- In 1 tbsp oil add the marinated pieces.
- Let it cook till the boti’s are completely tenderized. It takes about 2-3 hrs to cook with occasional stirring.
Note: If after an hour you find that the botis are not tenderizing add about 2-3 tsps of white vinegar. If water from the botis is dried up before the botis are fully tendered, then add about 1/2 glass of water.